Sunday, August 20, 2006

Taking stock . . .

Many of us believe our lives are ordinary. That they lack explosive excitment we've come to expect of those we believe should have their deeds recorded for posterity.

But each of us, no matter how seemingly humble, travels an extraordinary road - one never before walked, and one that will never be repeated.

I have slowly realised in recent years that elements of my life - and the family myths and legends surrounding my life - are worth recording. In short, mine has been an extraordinary - albeit ordinary - life.

I will add elements - including poetry, journalism, short stories and other literary bits-n-pieces - to the story as I have time, and as I remember things.

I hope you enjoy this ramble through one man's half century . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home